Recipe adapted from Willow Bird Baking
I love tacos. I love crescent rolls. Put them together and you’ve got yourself another winner…
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cans of the giant crescent rolls (I used the ‘big and buttery’ kind)
- Heat oven to 350.
- Brown ground beef. Drain. Add taco seasoning and some water & let simmer (just like when you make regular tacos). You won’t need to let all of the liquid simmer off, but you also don’t want it to be soupy.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese and most of the cheddar cheese. Reserve a bit of the cheddar to put on top of your crescents.
- Add the ground beef to the cheese mixture. Stir to combine.
- Spoon some of the mixture onto each crescent roll. It works best to do it one at a time so you’ll get a feel for how much to use. I probably used about 1 heaping tbsp on each because I didn’t want them to be overstuffed.
- Roll and seal the openings. The easiest way to do this is by folding in the corners and sealing the wide end first… then rolling the crescent up like normal.
- Sprinkle some cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake for about 11-13 minutes until golden brown.
Makes 12 large crescents.
You will have some stuffing leftover, so be creative and please share with me your ideas of what to do with it. :)