Ready in 40 minutes; makes 4 servings (unless your husband eats 75% of it like mine did) 🙂
- 1 pound ground beef
- ¼ cup chopped onion (optional)
- ¼ cup chopped green pepper (optional)
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded Mexican/Taco blend cheese (can substitute cheddar cheese)
- ½ cup biscuit/baking mix
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet, brown the beef (with the onion and green pepper if you desire). Once the meat is no longer pink, drain off the excess grease. Add the taco seasoning with some water, and let simmer for a few minutes. Drain off excess water.
- Layer some cheese on the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate (I use a glass pie plate and I don’t grease it). Spread the meat over the cheese and then sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- In a bowl, combine the biscuit mix, eggs, and milk. Mix well and the pour over the cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
I printed this recipe from somewhere on the internet a couple years ago (probably allrecipes.com?). I had made it once and we really loved it, but somehow the recipe paper got lost in the shuffle. But ——- I made it again last night and Shane literally ate 75% of it. I can put down a quarter myself with no problem. 🙂