- 1 package dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (105-115 degrees)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp shortening
- 2 1/4 cup AP flour
- Dissolve yeast in warm water in the mixer bowl. (Took about 5-10 minutes for me)
- Add sugar, salt, egg, shortening, and 1 cup of the flour. Beat until smooth.
- Stir in the remaining flour and continue mixing until smooth.
- Scrape batter from the sides of the bowl and cover with a clean towel.
- Let rise in a warm place until doubles (about 30-40 minutes)
- Stir down batter and spoon into 12 greased muffin cups (I used the “don’t-need-a-muffin-pan” muffin cups) and let rise about 20-30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until light brown.
- Brush the tops with melted butter and sprinkle with a little extra salt. Serve hot.