I am definitely a bread girl and always have been. Garlic bread is one of my favorites, and I’ve been using different variations of this recipe for years now. This combination of herbs with the parmesan cheese on crusty bread is probably my favorite.
Garlic Cheese Bread
- 1 loaf French bread (cut in half and then halved lengthwise)
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- extra parmesan cheese for the topping
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/8 tsp dried basil
- 1/8 tsp dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 325 (can bake in the oven with the chicken parmigiana recipe)
- In a small bowl – mix the garlic salt, rosemary, basil, thyme, garlic powder, and parmesan cheese.
- Melt the butter and add to the herb mixture.
- Place the bread on a cookie sheet and spread the butter mixture equally over the bread. Sprinkle with additional parmesan cheese (if desired. I highly suggest it!)
- Bake for about 8 minutes.