I’m hearing the voice of Gordon Ramsay in my head: Dirty Plate Beth! Diiiiiiirty Plaaaaaate!!!!!!!!!!!!
I’m sorry Chef. I know I should have wiped that smudge of sauce.
Anyways, Shane has an aversion to red sauce, so for the last two years my home has been all alfredo. But — since chicken parm was on my Top 100 list, I decided to knock it out last night. Here you go:
Mom’s Chicken Parmigiana
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Egg Beaters
- Seasoned bread crumbs
- Salt & Pepper
- EVOO (olive oil)
- Spaghetti sauce
- Fresh mozzarella cheese
- Grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325
- Season the chicken breasts with salt & pepper to taste. Dip the chicken in Egg Beaters and then coat in the bread crumbs.
- Pour a little of the spaghetti sauce on the bottom of your baking dish.
- Heat EVOO in a large skillet and then brown both sides of the chicken.
- Place the chicken in your baking dish and top with the remaining spaghetti sauce. Bake for about 45 minutes
- Slice your mozzarella cheese and lay a piece on the top of each piece of chicken. Since my chicken breasts were pretty thick, I used thicker slices of the cheese. (yummy!)
- Put back in the oven for about 10 more minutes so the cheese will be nice and melted.
- Check to be certain your chicken was cooked to the proper temperature and serve warm sprinkled with some parmesan if desired. 🙂