Or it could be fettuccine alfredo, but if hubby has his way it’s always angel hair pasta in our house.
I’m not one of those people that is disgusted by pasta sauce in a jar. Normally, we’re all about the Ragu Alfredo. It’s easy and it doesn’t taste too bad.
But there are some days when you don’t want something that just “doesn’t taste too bad” and you want something that actually tastes “good” That’s where this recipe comes in.
- Pasta (of your choice)
- 1 cup butter (that’s 2 sticks)
- 1.5 cups heavy cream (and you’ll want to also have some extra on hand to taste)
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Garlic Salt (to taste)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup grated romano cheese
- Cook pasta for 5-10 minutes (depending on the pasta type you choose) in lightly salted boiling water. Drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter into the cream over low heat in a large saucepan. Add salt, pepper, and a dash of garlic salt. Stir in the parmesan and romano cheeses & then increase heat to medium to thicken the sauce.
- Taste the sauce after a few minutes. I usually add a little extra cream.
- Coat the pasta with the sauce and serve immediately.
It isn’t health food, but it’s damn good!