This is by far the easiest recipe you’ll ever try for chicken cordon bleu-ish!
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts (I buy the thin-sliced breasts, but you can pound regulars to the desired thickness)
- A slice of regular sandwich meat ham for each chicken breast
- A slice of provolone cheese for each chicken breast
- olive oil (optional)
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Extra crispy Shake ‘n Bake
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Season both sides of chicken with salt & pepper if desired. I do, and it makes it taste better. Go figure. 🙂
- Top each chicken breast with a slice of ham and then a slice of cheese.
- Roll up and secure with a wooden toothpick.
- Brush chicken with olive oil and then gently place in the Shake ‘n Bake bag. You’ll want to shake the bag gently because otherwise the toothpick will poke holes in it.
- Put coated chicken on a baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes or so – until chicken is fully cooked.
- Enjoy. (Don’t forget to take the toothpicks out!)
As you can see, I served it with the homemade alfredo recipe from my last post. They went together very nicely 🙂