1. What were your school colors?
Elementary school: Red and White
High school: Blue and Gold
College: Green and Gold
2. What’s the best compliment you ever received?
Probably that I give good advice and am fair.
3. Do you buy cheap or expensive toilet paper?
Shane buys cheap toilet paper… I only buy Charmin Ultra Soft 🙂
4. Have you ever had a surprise party thrown for you? Or have you had one for someone else?
I did have a surprise birthday party thrown for me one time. It’s actually a very sad memory, and I’m already getting teary eyed just thinking about it. I had something very traumatic happen to me a few weeks before my 17th birthday, and I told my parents I didn’t want to do anything for my birthday. They threw me a huge surprise party. I know the good thoughts were there and they were hoping it would cheer me up, but the last thing I wanted was to be around a bunch of people. Even now, 10 years later, I still feel empathy for my former self when I look at those pictures. “We all scream, most of us inside. You never hear me through the smile – the inside scream has no echo.”
5. What is one material possession that you “can’t live without”?
My car. It’s too blasted hot here to be walking.