Snickers + Brownies = My favorite thing!
When I saw this recipe on How To: Simplify I knew I just HAD HAD HAD to try it! Never again will I make brownies from a box mix now that I know how easy and delicious they can be!
As you can see, I like to pre-measure most of my ingredients into cheap (throw-awayable) bowls. I’m sorry environment, but I enjoy avoiding dishes sometimes. Makes my life easier 🙂
- 8 fun size Snickers bars
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup AP flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. While the butter is melting, chop up your Snickers bars. I cut them in half lengthwise and then cut each half into quarters. Doesn’t have to be exact by any means.
- Once the butter is completely melted, remove from heat and add sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Stir until combined.
- Add cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking powder. Stir until incorporated.
- Fold in the Snickers pieces.
- Pour mixture into a greased 8-inch square pan and bake for 25 minutes (or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean)
- Let it cool completely before cutting if you’re serving it to people / otherwise just dig right in and enjoy warm, mushy brownie-goodness! (Would be divine ‘a la mode’ too!)