I’ve been making these ice cream pies for a long time now, and I’m always struck by how easy they are! Couple that with the fact that you can use just about any toppings you like, and I’d have to say that this is one heck of a dessert.
- Ready made pie crust (I used chocolate this time, but the Oreo crust is probably my favorite)
- Ice Cream (any flavor)
- A few squares of chocolate (melted)
- Toppings of your choice
- Soften your ice cream by letting it sit out for a few minutes.
- Spread it evenly in the pie crust using the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle the toppings of your choice on.
- Drizzle on your melted chocolate.
- Put in the freezer for at least 30 minutes. (and since ice cream loves the freezer, you can definitely make this ahead of time)
My favorite combination: Oreo crust, Breyer’s mint chocolate chip ice cream, and mini M&M’s.
Half my family loves nuts and half of them hate nuts, so I mixed it up here.