Recipe adapted from here
I’ve come to the realization that either I have a super amazing oven or everybody else’s ovens suck. 🙂 I follow some of these recipes to the letter, but mine always come out overdone. And what’s funny is that some of the commenters say that they needed EXTRA time in the oven to finish cooking.
Now that I have a candy thermometer, maybe I should invest in a meat thermometer 🙂 Even though the meat was too tough to eat, I’m still going to post this recipe because the taste wasn’t bad. I choked down the meat, and Shane only ate the cheese topping lol.
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 4 tsp butter, softened
- 4 tsp mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar (I use sharp cheddar)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Please pork chops in your baking dish. Spread 1 tsp of butter over each chop and then spread 1 tsp of mayo over the butter. (It’s easier if you just use the back of your spoon to gently spread)
- Season each one with the seasoning salt and garlic powder.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese over each pork chop.
- Bake 35 minutes or until the pork chops are done. (35 minutes was way too long for mine)
The butter does make it a tad on the greasy side, but I just sat them on a paper towel for a few seconds and it worked well. I figured I’d take a pic of the inside too. You can actually see how tough the meat was in the picture. sad, sad, sad.
Even though this one is far from being in my Top 10, I will try it again and just be a little more vigilant in watching the timing.