Recipe from: the Confident mom
I’m always amazed by how quickly time passes. It seems like it was only last week that I saw this recipe and hit that Print button. However, now that I go back to copy the link over I see that it was posted on June 14th. Where has the time gone?
And I’m not even kidding when I tell you that these things are ridiculously easy to make!
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup light Karo syrup
- 1 1/2 cups crunchy peanut butter
- 7 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips (I only used 3/4 cups of the butterscotch chips because I wanted a more mild flavor)
- Combine brown sugar, Karo syrup, and peanut butter over medium heat until melted and blended together.
- If you use a large pan, remove it from the heat and then you can add the Rice Krispies straight to the pot… otherwise transfer to a large mixing bowl and stir together.
- Spread the mixture in a 9×13 pan.
- Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips together and spread evenly over the Rice Krispies mixture.
- Cool in refrigerator until the chocolate hardens and then cut into squares. (I did brownie-sized squares, but I think next time I’ll cut them into smaller bite-sized cubes.)