Admittedly this wasn’t Shane’s favorite dinner — but then he doesn’t care for wine at all. I liked it… even though I don’t much care for wine either 🙂
- 2 lb pork tenderloin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1-2 cups red wine
- 1 packet dry brown gravy
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Put the pork tenderloin in a 9×13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle the seasonings over the meat. Top with wine.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or longer if needed, until pork is done.
- Remove pan from oven and put the meat on a separate plate.
- Pour the gravy packet into the baking dish with the leftover wine. Stir until thickened.
- Since hubby doesn’t like wine, I used 1 cup of the burgundy and 1 cup of water. I’m assuming it’s because of the water, but my gravy wouldn’t thicken like I would’ve liked. Next time I think I’ll transfer it to a pot over some heat and maybe add 2 gravy packets and whisk it up with some thickener 🙂