Recipe adapted from: Oven Hot Dogs
Are you sure? Yes.
Not even a little bit? Not even in your dreams.
I only like cheese on my dogs, so I stopped here — but you can add chili or whatever else your heart desires.
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 buns
- 8 slices American cheese
- shredded cheddar cheese
- On each bun: spread mayonnaise, layer sliced cheese, and add a hot dog.
- Squish all of the hot dogs in a 13×9 baking dish.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese over the top.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
- I only had 6 buns left, so I used an 8×11 dish. Just adjust according to what you have — you want them to be really tight in the dish.
The bottoms stayed crispy enough to keep it together, but the tops were ooey gooey good.