Recipe from: Taste of Home
I loved this! Can’t go wrong with cheese, in my humble opinion at least…
Make this one on the stove top and transfer to a fondue pot, slow cooker, or just serve immediately in a bowl.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup AP flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground mustard
- 1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 8 ounces (2 cups) shredded cheddar cheese
- Serve with cubes of bread or veggies.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add in flour, salt, pepper, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir until smooth.
- Gradually add milk and bring to a boil. Cook, while stirring, for about 2 minutes or until it is thickened. Reduce heat.
- Add the cheese and stir until melted.
- Serve immediately or keep warm as mentioned above.
- I added a bit more salt at the end to taste.