Recipe adapted from: Allrecipes.com
LOVED THIS! No, really, I loved this one! And the next day, reheated, it was just as good. Mmmmm.
It isn’t the easiest, quickest casserole out there, but for me it was worth the effort.
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup plan panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup oil (for frying)
- 8 ounces shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces fully-cooked ham, cubed
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 bag of egg noodles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat egg and 1/2 cup milk together until combined. Put the breadcrumbs in another bowl. Set aside.
- Cut your chicken into chunks, placing the pieces in the egg mixture to coat.
- Using tongs, transfer the coated chicken into the breadcrumbs, pressing down a little bit to coat.
- Heat oil in a large skillet to 375 degrees F. Carefully fry breaded chicken cubes in hot oil until golden brown on all sides, then remove and drain on paper towels.
- Place chicken cubes in a glass baking dish. Add the ham and the cheese and gently stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine the soup and 1 cup milk. No need to heat it, just pour directly over the casserole.
- Baked for about 30 minutes, until golden brown and bubbly.
- Meanwhile, prepare egg noodles according to package directions. Once cooked, I stir in a little butter to prevent sticking and give them some buttery flavor goodness.
- Serve warm.