One of my coworkers made this for an office Christmas party a couple of years ago, and I’ve been in love with it ever since! The great thing about it too is that you can totally cater it to all the different seasons and holidays simply by changing the color of your sprinkles! 🙂
And it is so easy!
- Saltine crackers
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 cup brown sugar (not packed)
- 6 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Sprinkles (or the topping of your choice)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cover a 13×9 baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Lay saltine crackers to cover the bottom.
- In a small saucepan, melt 1 stick of butter and combine and 1 cup brown sugar. Bring to a slight boil. Pour mixture over the crackers and bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and pour the chocolate chips on top. Let them sit for a minute or two until they become melty and then spread the chocolate evenly.
- Top with sprinkles.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes or so until the chocolate is firm.
Baking hint: When you are melting the butter/sugar combination, make sure it is entirely melted and combined… otherwise it will turn out a bit grainy and taste more of sugar. (Is that a bad thing?)
And it’s actually pretty funny, because one of the blogs I follow posted a very similar recipe this morning! I guess we were both craving this recipe on the weekend 🙂 Click here to check theirs out