I’m a big fan of this recipe & I love making it when we want something ‘different’ for dinner. It’s super easy and makes two whole quiches. Since it makes two, you can freeze one of them for later (they say you can freeze for up to 3 months and then just pop it in the oven, but I’ve never tried it before).
As you can see, it doesn’t need to be perfect. Imperfection is charming 🙂
And it can be adjusted to your liking (mine was adding extra cheese!)
- 2 (9 inch) pie crusts (I use the refrigerated ones)
- 1-2 cups fully cooked ham, diced. (I only use 8 oz total because that’s what comes in one package)
- 1 cup mild cheddar
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella (I upped this to just under 2 cups of the mozzarella)
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups half and half cream
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Place the pie crusts in two pie plates. Line with a double thickness of heavy-duty aluminum foil and bake for 5 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs, cream, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Divide the ham and cheese between the two pie crusts and then top with the egg mixture.
- Cover the edges with foil and bake at 400 degrees for about 35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let stand for at least 5 minutes before cutting.
You can serve this chilled or room temperature, but I usually just eat it hot from the pan 🙂