Recipe adapted from: Pillsbury.com
I had my doubts about this recipe because I wasn’t sure if something so simple could be very good… it was good.
I adapted the recipe a little bit because I didn’t have original crescent rolls, but I think it’s better my way because it seems like it would have been almost too much cheese if you made smaller sandwiches. Does that even make sense?
- 1 can Pillsbury Big and Buttery crescents (6 crescent rolls = 3 sandwiches)
- 3 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 slices mozzarella cheese (I added a tidge extra mozzarella)
- 1 tbsp butter, melted.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- On an ungreased cookie sheet, separate dough into 3 long rectangles & press the perforations to seal.
- Place the cheese on one side of each rectangle and fold the other side of the dough over the cheese. Press around the sides with a fork to seal.
- Brush the tops with melted butter.
- Bake for about 12-13 minutes; until golden brown.
You could use regular cheddar, but I think the sharp cheddar really gave it that little extra kick it needed. Next time I think I might throw a little pepperoni in there too! Mmmm!