I shouldn’t have to tell you this, but I’m going to anyways — this recipe is for the dogs! 😉
Though it may not look very appetizing, Milly and Daisy LOVED it! Instead of breadcrumbs, use crushed up dog biscuits! I bought the cheap, generic ones — and tried to convince myself that the ugly, green biscuits would look like herbs to the dogs. And since Milly calls her dog biscuits “cookies” I thought it was a fitting name for her birthday dinner!
My food processor rebelled, but these crumbs were small enough.
- 1-2 eggs, beaten
- dog biscuits, finely chopped.
- boneless, skinless chicken breast strips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
- Put the eggs in one small dish and the dog biscuits in another.
- Dip the chicken tenders in the eggs and then the biscuits. Push down to really get them stuck on. Transfer to a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, rotate pan, bake for another 10 minutes.
- I don’t like to give my dogs food that’s hot from the oven, so make sure it has cooled down a bit before serving.