I didn’t think anything could be better than the Snickers Brownies, but this one… this one… OMG this one is super!! AND — even though it uses a box mix for the brownies, you’d never know it!
Recipe from: BettyCrocker.com
- 1 box brownie mix (I used the Betty Crocker Supreme kind with the extra chocolate syrup, yum)
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 1/3 cups peanut butter chips (I used about 9 oz)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/3 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 1/3 cups salted, dry roasted peanuts
- Heat oven to 325-350 degrees F (depending on your oven – just use whatever you would normally do for brownies). Grease the bottom of a 13×9 baking dish with cooking spray (I use the Pam for Baking).
- Make brownies as directed on the box. Since I used a bigger baking dish, I did it for about 20 minutes and then used a toothpick in the center to see if it was done. A tiny bit underdone is ok since it will be going back in the oven.
- Immediately sprinkle with marshmallows and bake for 2 more minutes until the marshmallows begin to puff.
- Using a knife, gently spread the puffed marshmallows for even coverage.
- In a 3 qt saucepan, heat corn syrup, butter, vanilla, and peanut butter chips over medium heat for 3-4 minutes until chips are melted, stirring constantly.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in the cereal and the peanuts. Spread evenly over the marshmallows.
- Refrigerate for at least 45 minutes or until firm.
- Slice into bite-sized pieces and store in refrigerator.
They look messy, but they really aren’t that bad. The marshmallow keeps everything held together.
*edit* Can’t believe I forgot to post the link! Sorry Ms. Crocker! 🙂 I found this recipe from their newletter e-mail I subscribed to, but you can also click here to see the original.